Work as a member of the technical implementation team to ensure that the integrated system is delivered according to project specifications and that the customer receives the best possible service. Interface with other technical operations departments and customers to ensure that all goals and objectives are met in accordance with the scope of work. Take responsibility to direct the technical field commissioning of audio-visual systems and ensure technical documentation for the system remains accurate.
- Get involved in the early stages of the project’s production to gain an understanding of the scope of work and system design.
- Review technical documents with the project team
- Discuss design plan nuances with the project team
- Determine and communicate how project commissioning should be handled to achieve the most success
- What specific items outside of the normal need to be through installation onsite prior to commissioning
- How much overlap with the field installers is needed
- What specific items outside of the normal need to be configured and tested in QA to lead to successful site commissioning
- How much time in QA should be spent by FE to gain further familiarity with the system while it is being staged in house
- Can project be commissioned by a lead installer with FE’s direct remote assistance
- Take responsibility for the successful completion of the project commissioning
- Confirm with PM that the site is ready for the commissioning phase in regard to physical install, network readiness, and supporting resource scheduling.
- Conduct technical punch through of systems to ensure functionality aligns with SOW paying close attention the fine details of the system to ensure maximum mitigation of long-term fault risk potential.
- Systematically troubleshoot any issues preventing full system functionality escalating through proper channels when necessary
- Clearly document the state of project closeout via project punch list to be communicated to and distributed through PM, documenting a more thorough description of any issues in the project team if necessary.
- Be the DGI technical representative to the customer assisting with network and site readiness and needs, progress updates, system punch out and system training
- Strengthen and grow your technical abilities and complete system insight by taking part in periodical rotations into DGI’s Quality Assurance and Service Departments. This ensures that our entire technical implementation team has a well-rounded knowledge of all aspects of our systems technically and operationally.
- Strong understanding and experience with in-depth networking design and set up configurations including VLANs, Subnetting, IGMP Protocol, and Dynamic DNS as the foundation of networking familiarity and experience
- Expert level knowledge and experience with DSP modification for audio system tuning in a variety of challenging office spaces. Platforms to include Biamp, QSC and Extron as a baseline.
- Expert level knowledge and experience with control system troubleshooting and debugging of multiple languages. Languages to include #, Simple, Lua, JSON as well as HTML as a baseline.
- Successful history of managing time to meet project milestones and deadlines
- Excellent documentation and communication experience and skills
- 5 Years’ experience in the Audio-Visual industry that includes physical installation experience
- Experience and success with leading or co-leading a team to project completion
- Expert level experience with systematically troubleshooting technical issues
- Experience with tactfully navigating difficult customer interactions
- Passionate for continued pursuit of knowledge and understanding
- High level of emotional intelligence centered on empathy, selflessness, and positivity
- Drive and passion to succeed
- Values the importance of laughter and fun with the team in balance with disciplined work
- High standard of personal integrity & professionalism
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills
- Intelligent, creative, and highly motivated
Required certifications & courses:
- AVIXA CTS-I
- Crestron DMC-E Biamp TesiraForte
- Biamp Tesira Server
- QSC – Designer Level 2
- Syn-Aud-Con Course 210
- Syn-Aud-Con Course 120 OSHA-10
- Dante Level 2 Crestron P100
Encouraged certifications & courses:
- AVIXA CTS-D
- Dante Level 3
- Pakedge PCNA
Daily travel to job sites. Occasional travel out of Headquarters’ territory for projects and training.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized.
- Superior customer service skills to deal with adverse situations.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing, and implementing skills which allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date.
- Must be able to handle stressful situations effectively and calmly.
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret AV drawings.
Physical, Mental, and Environmental Requirements:
- Keeping calm in stressful situations
- Standing, walking, sitting, and using hands and fingers
- Some light lifting of objects
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities
- Sustaining moderate to periodically high noise levels in the work environment
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or management to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
Management has the right to revise this description at any time. The job description is not an employment contract, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason as outlined in the employee manual or other written agreement.