DGI is uniquely positioned in our market and, as we continue to grow, we are looking to add an experienced Audio-Visual Project Engineer to our top-tier Audio-Visual team assisting the team in refining and communicating solutions to meet our client’s audio-visual requirements.
In this position, you will serve as the technical representative for DGI to our customers and their corresponding teams. You will be responsible for reviewing and refining bills of materials to ensure that the parts will create a fully functional system in accordance with the scope of work. You will be responsible for working with our drafting team to develop full AV drawing packages that communicate all infrastructure requirements and system configurations to the project team, both internally and externally.
- Overseeing the Development of AV Architectural Drawings, System Flows, Cable/Conduit Risers, Product Detail pages
- Reviewing and refining Bills of Material
- Communicating Infrastructure and architectural requirements to construction teams
- Communicating System implementation plans to installation teams
- Communicating AV Networking requirements to Client’s Network teams
- Identifying and developing Change Orders
- Managing the quality of the deliverables
- Attaining and maintain manufacturer and industry related certifications as required
- Operate and manage in accordance with all company rules and policies
- Design and Project Engineering experience
- Senior level of technical knowledge on audio visual products and infrastructure
- Strong understanding of networking as it pertains to AV
- Full Understanding of and experience with project technical documents:
- Engineering/Architectural drawings
- Project Schedules
- AutoCAD review and editing experience
- The ability to communicate with employees and customers with varying personalities
- The ability to multitask with excellent organizational and time management skills
- The ability to organize and manage staff workload in accordance with project requirements
- The ability to problem solve and manage responsibilities with minimal supervision
- The ability to conduct a business meeting, present to an audience and conduct solution training
- Skills and understanding of commercial building construction
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS & COURSES:
- AVIXA CTS-D Certification
- Building and cultivating relationships, utilizing a consultative approach
- High standard of personal integrity & professionalism
- Proficient with Microsoft office suite (Teams, Word, Excel, OneNote)
- Excellent organizational, time management and communication and presentation skills
- Excellent motivation, follow-up, documentation, prioritization, customer service and multitasking skills.
- Must have creative can-do attitude, a strong work ethic and the ability to work well with others and build relationships with employees and customers with varying personalities.
- Ability to conduct this job from the employee’s residence, a self-starting and highly motivated approach, among the attributes listed above is key.
- Expert experience with medium to large scale commercial Audio-Visual Systems that include:
- AV Networking + Topology
- Large flat screen displays
- Audio DSPs
- Matrix mixers/switchers
- Soft-Codec Systems
- Video conferencing codecs
- Custom control systems
- Familiar with commercial construction practices
- Driver’s License and a reasonable/safe driving record as defined by our insurance company
- 5 plus years of experience with architecting and implementing Audio Visual technology
- Less than 5% travel
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or management to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
Management has the right to revise this description at any time. The job description is not an employment contract, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason as outlined in the employee manual or other written agreement.