Level 1 Installation Technician works as a team member to ensure that the installation is completed according to project specifications and that the customer receives the best possible service. This position interfaces with Operations, Engineering and Customers to ensure that all goals and objectives are met. Install Technician Level 1 position is responsible for performing the configuring, installing, testing, and troubleshooting of various audio-visual systems.
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing, and implementing skills that allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date.
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations.
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret AV drawings.
- Follow Lead Installer’s instructions
- Read & follow AV drawings/blueprints.
- Basic math, written & verbal communication
- Competent with hand tools and power tools
- Install AV cabling per local code
- Install AV devices on wall/ceiling
- Wall & Ceiling mount devices
- Perform crimp cable terminations
- Use a digital multimeter
- Keep jobsite clean
- Cable and tool identification
- Termination identification
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS & COURSES:
- OSHA 10
- ·AVIXA CTS
- AVIXA Essentials of AV Technology
- Crestron 101
- Syn-Aud-Con Course 50
- Legrand – Elements of a Great AV Foundation
- Legrand – Elements of Structured Connectivity for AV applications
- AVIXA – How to install and validate category cable
PHYISICAL, MENTAL & ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Employee is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Some light lifting of objects is required. Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Daily travel to job sites. Occasional Travel out of state for projects and training.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized.
- Superior customer service skills to deal with customers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- 1 to 2 years Field Installation experience required.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or management to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
Management has the right to revise this description at any time. The job description is not an employment contract, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason as outlined in the employee manual or other written agreement.