The Level 2 Installation Technician works as a team member to ensure that the installation is completed according to project specifications and that the customer receives the best possible service. This position interfaces with Operations, Engineering, and Customers to ensure that all goals and objectives are met. Install Technician Level 2 position is responsible for performing the configuring, installing, testing, and troubleshooting of various audio-visual systems & leading level 1 Technicians.
- All skills of an Installation Technician Level 1
- Ability to solder dense connectors
- Mount and align projectors
- ·Perform final AV rack installation, plan and hang AV substructures
- Maintain company vehicle with appropriate levels of installation material
- Test AV Systems for proper functionality
- Assess site conditions
- Mentor Level 1 Installation Technicians
- Verbally communicate daily job site status to Project Managers
- Communicate with General Contractor (GC) or site superintendent for AV specific needs
- Take site photographs of installation progress
- Accurately mark up drawing changes
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS & COURSES (TO BE CONSIDERED FOR LEVEL 3):
- OSHA 30
- RI TST Video and Sound
- CT C-6 License
- AVIXA CTS-I
- Crestron DMC-D
- Biamp Tesira forte
- QSC – designer Level 1
- Syn-Aud-Con Course 200
- Syn-Aud-Con Course 110
- Legrand – IP Networking Basics
- Legrand – Network Troubleshooting Basics
PHYSICAL, MENTAL & ENVIRONEMNTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Employee is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Some light lifting of objects is required. Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized.
- Superior customer service skills to deal with customers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementing skills which allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date.
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations.
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret AV drawings.
- 2 to 3 years Field Installation experience required.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or management to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
Management has the right to revise this description at any time. The job description is not an employment contract, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason as outlined in the employee manual or other written agreement.