A Level 3 Installation Technician works as a team member to ensure that the installation is completed according to project specifications and that the customer receives the best possible service. This position interfaces with Operations, Engineering, and Customers to ensure that all goals and objectives are met. Install Technician Level 3 position is responsible for performing the configuring, installing, testing, and troubleshooting of various audio-visual systems & leading Level 1 & 2 Technicians. This role is responsible for ensuring systems are ready for Field Engineering.
- All skills of Installation Technicians Level 1 & 2
- Understand and manage tasks for the team based on their installation schedule
- Perform a full Jobsite review and raise any challenges to the PM/Appropriate party
- Able to creatively overcome challenges
- Ability to oversee and manage a large team of techs by recognizing their strengths and how to use them onsite
- Attend weekly onsite construction meetings and express jobsite needs.
- Ability to submit daily reports to the DGI PM via Teams.
- Understand and Hanging of rigging (flown speakers) and PE stamping.
- Able to take delivery of and use lifts.
- Able to take delivery of and construct scaffolding and its required harness and safety reqs.
- Ability to fill out onsite safety docs with the PM. I.E JHA’s, etc.
- Perform preliminary test of audio, video and control paths. Create testing report for the Field Engineer
- Install video wall back bone
- Fiber optic handling & termination
Required certifications & courses (to be considered for Level 3):
- Connecticut C-6 Contractors License
- AVIXA CTS-I
- Crestron DMC-E
- Biamp Tesira
- QSC – Designer Level 2
- Syn-Aud-Con Course 210
- Syn-Aud-Con Course 120
- Legrand – 4K Video: What You Can See, What You Can’t, and What You Need to Know
Daily travel to job sites. Occasional travel out of state for projects and training
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized.
- Superior customer service skills to deal with customers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementing skills which allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date.
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations.
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret AV drawings.
Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements:
- Employee is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Some light lifting of objects is required.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or management to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
Management has the right to revise this description at any time. The job description is not an employment contract, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason as outlined in the employee manual or other written agreement.