The Onsite Support Specialist provides direct onsite assistance and technical support to our client’s staff and employees, supplying a range of support focused tasks on the integrated Audio-visual systems and conferencing systems. The successful person will be expected to have experience operating and high-level troubleshooting of complex audio-visual solutions with diverse products in a commercial business environment.
The qualified candidate must have strong communication, professionalism, presentation, product demonstration, motivation, follow-up, documentation, organization, prioritization, customer service and multitasking skills. In addition, a can-do attitude, a strong work ethic and the ability to build relationships with team members and customers with varying personalities.
- Report each day to client site and check in with client support team on daily tasks.
- Interact with client Customer Help Desk ticketing system to respond to end user requests.
- Operate and test daily functionality of all AV and integrated conference rooms.
- Perform routine testing and problem diagnosis for all installed conference room systems and equipment. (projectors, microphones, speakers, amplifiers, cameras, and displays)
- Perform preventative maintenance to resolve problems or identify problems requiring escalation to appropriate manager, vendor, or manufacturer.
- Troubleshoot AV/V problems on the fly as required, “emergency” as well as “non-critical” situations.
- Assist with company meetings/functions as required.
- Setup and breakdown of all onsite meetings
- Daily system testing to confirm equipment and room system is functional.
- Responsible for documenting, communicating, and escalating all break fix issues to their manager and DGI service team for resolution.
- Perform remote testing with DGI engineers as required.
- Act as a conduit for all communications between client team and DGI Service Team.
- Ensure all conferencing systems and spaces are presentable and ready for use.
- 1-3 years of experience in the AV Industry, IT industry, and/or Customer Service and Support.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills.
- High standard of personal integrity & professionalism.
- Basic understanding of Audio principles, audio conferencing, DSP hardware and software.
- Ability to read, interpret, and understand an AV signal flow/schematic.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of AV practices and procedures.
- Working knowledge of IP addressing and IP networking
- Fluent in using Remote & VPN software, Team Viewer, etc.
- Working knowledge with Crestron hardware, system design, software.
- Proficient with Mac and PC operating systems and platforms, as well as Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel).
- The ability to organize and manage workload in accordance with service schedule requirements.
- Ability to work and think independently and ensuring to meet deadlines.
- The ability to problem-solve and manage responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- The ability to conduct a business meeting, present to an audience and conduct solution training.
- Videoconferencing experience including operation, call set-up and related equipment.
- Experience and knowledge of web conferencing tools such as WebEx, Zoom, Cisco conferencing, etc.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- Certifications: CTS, Extron AV Associate, Cisco, Zoom, WebEx preferred