Responsible for working on all aspects of the order entry process. Review and accurately enter orders into DGI’s database, working closely with the company’s Engineering, Sales, Vendors, and Shipping departments to ensure accuracy of orders, availability of product, and timely processing.
- Enter new project orders, working with appropriate parties to quickly re- solve issues that delay timely processing
- Process new projects as they are entered in the internal system by the Sales team
- Accurately document change orders
- Accurately enter and process equipment and other information in a timely manner
- Track, communicate and update the status of work with those involved with a project
- Participate in project team meetings as needed
- Other duties as required or assigned from time to time.
The Order Entry Specialist will be accountable to the Order Entry Team Lead. Secondary accountability will be to the other management team members and employees of the company.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized.
- Superior customer service skills to deal with internal customers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse groups.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers including such programs as MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and role-specific applications.
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing, and implementing skills that allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date.
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations.
Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements:
- The employee is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Some light lifting of objects is required.
- Reaching, grasping, and carrying activities also required.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.