The Prepress Specialist will be responsible for preparing graphic files submitted by designers and clients to be output on multiple large format print devices.
- Perform “preflight” check for required fonts, colors, sizing, resolution and other needed components to ensure completeness prior to submitting to printer.
- Format, color correct and manipulate files according to client specifications.
- Setup of files including enlargements, composing and processing of files prior to forwarding to various printers.
- Enter, store, and retrieve information on Mac based equipment.
- Identify missing or problematic components of job and communicate accordingly.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of design/layout/image/color editing software is essential, specifically: Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of the digital printing process and print file preparation.
- Ability to address and troubleshoot file issues.
- Detail oriented Prepress or Large Format printing experience a plus.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Self-Starter with the willingness to take initiative.