The Project Coordinator supports the Project Manager, to keep projects running smoothly and within
budget without compromising safety and quality standards, in addition to meeting customer,
statutory/regulatory, and organizational requirements. This individual will ensure all opportunities
assigned to them traveling through the DGI workflow process promptly by supporting and assisting the
presales engineer, account manager, inside sales team, and project manager for the duration of the
- Serve as an alternate point of contact for the Project Manager, and act as a liaison between
operations, purchasing, and sales.
- Assist in daily Project Management tasks – assembling of field drawing packages,
coordination of product deliveries to site, and client communication.
- Works with sub-contractors as needed on relevant functions; helps create project
documents. Assists with creating and distributing proper sub-contractor paperwork.
- Creates invoices for required completed work.
- Ensure components are ordered and delivered for projects on time.
- Creates purchase orders for installation sub-contractors.
- Follow-up with Inside Sales Administration Team, Engineering Team, Project Managers and
Account Manager for all open tasks
- Assemble equipment submittal packages.
- Facilitate smaller, low-risk projects that will not require site visits or construction meetings.
- Act as the third level of support for communication for assigned Account Managers (Sick
time covering, vacation covering, etc.)
- Other duties as required or assigned from time to time.
The Project Coordinator will be accountable to the Director of Project Management. Secondary
accountability will be to the other management team members and employees of the company.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle stressful deadlines and situations
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized.
- Superior customer service skills to deal with internal customers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse groups.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers including such programs as MS Word,
Excel, Outlook, and role-specific applications.
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing, and implementing skills that allow the
successful completion of a project by a specific due date.
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations.
- This position requires you to be in the office and or available to your team as required
Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements:
- The employee is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Some light lifting of objects is required.
- Reaching, grasping, and carrying activities also required.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to
seasonal temperature fluctuations.