The Quality Assurance Technician will assist in the configuration, testing, and documentation of AV systems prior to customer delivery to ensure smooth and efficient final installation, with special attention paid to the identification and remediation of any functional challenges before equipment leaves the building. A successful QA Tech will adhere to internal commissioning procedures and documentation requirements which are essential for successful project completion and future customer support. Successful project completion requires regular communication with other members of the Project Team to maintain deadlines.
- Coordinate with Rack Fab and Programming to schedule staging dates compatible with Project Schedule.
- Assemble and configure an integrated system on the test bench.
- Develop and implement test plans as required to confirm the intended system function.
- Collect and enter data into coordination documents.
- Communicate status with Project Team and elevate issues with scheduling and materials to Project Manager.
- Work with the Programming team to set up remote access.
- Verify and document the staging process according to DGI standards for each project and elevate staging issues to the supervisor.
- Engage manufacturer technical support when needed.
- Delegate staging tasks to the Rack Fabrication team where feasible.
- Package and label equipment to be returned to the warehouse with relevant project and
- Maintain accurate inventory of all equipment in the Rack Fabrication and Quality Assurance area.
- Coordinate delivery and return of equipment to the warehouse.
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace.
- Provide remote support to the Field Installation team as needed.
- Understands and can demonstrate industry wiring and fabrication conventions and standards.
- Able to understand IP networking and hardware configuration requirements.
- Use of manufacturer-specific configuration software (Crestron, Extron, Biamp, etc.)
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS & COURSES:
- AVIXA Essentials of AV Technology
- AVIXA CTS
- Crestron Technician Track
- Extron AV Associate
- Biamp TesiraFORTE
- QSC Q-Sys
- Shure Integrated Systems Certification
- Audinate Dante Certification
- Syn-Aud-Con Course 50
- Relevant career and educational experience will also be considered.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL & ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Employee is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Some light lifting of objects is required. Reaching, grasping, and carrying activities are also required.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Occasional travel in and out of state for projects and training.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized.
- Superior customer service skills to deal with customers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing, and implementing skills that allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date.
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations.
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret AV drawings.
- HS Degree required; College degree preferred.
- 2 years of experience in commercial AV (Audio Visual) integration or relevant educational
- Above average proficiency in MS Office, specifically MS Excel.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or management to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
Management has the right to revise this description at any time. The job description is not an employment contract, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason as outlined in the employee manual or other written agreement.