The Rack Fabrication Technician will assemble equipment racks and perform quality control testing before delivery to the project job site.
- Able to read engineering drawings and follow directions.
- Install and connect components in the rack according to engineering drawings.
- Build custom wiring harnesses from engineering drawings, which include soldering, crimping, and assembling cable connectors as directed.
- Communicate project status and projected completion of projects to the Project manager
and install manager.
- Maintains rack fabrication build sheets for inventory used, including serial numbers, MAC
addresses, firmware versions, and IP addresses.
- Document changes to system design on engineering drawings.
- Responsible for inventory asset accuracy and physical inventory discrepancies between
system records and actual count.
- Closely monitor information queues for all fabrication requests.
- Locate materials to facilitate in-house production for projects.
- Organize and maintain shop area and inventory.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS & COURSES:
- AVIXA Essentials of AV Technology
- Crestron 101
- Syn-Aud-Con Course 50
- Extron AV Associate
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Employee is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Some light lifting of objects is required. Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Occasional travel to job sites.
- Prior experience in the integration of audiovisual, video conferencing and closely related technologies preferred.
- Able to use Microsoft Office 365 Suite of applications.
- Highly organized, and effective with personal time management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrate planning, organization, and implementation skills that allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date.
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations.
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret AV drawings.