As vaccination rates increase across the country, many businesses are in the process of welcoming remote employees back into the office. With a year-plus of work-from-home experience under their belts, employees may be surprised to find that the office technology, systems and hardware they rely on aren’t ready for them… hardware may need system updates, cables may be disconnected and software may be out of date.
Let’s compare the situation to a bike you love to ride in the warmer weather. It sits idle in the shed for months, but before you take it out for a spin, there’s a chance it might need a tune-up. And if you do, you want to take it to someone with a lot of experience tuning bikes, right?
The same goes for your business communication system. It needs the same professional maintenance and care to be ready for every return-to-work challenge.
That’s where we come in. DGI is ready to provide that much-needed tune-up, or what we like to call a RoomReadiness Audit. How does it work? Our professionals will thoroughly inspect and review your AV and communications systems to ensure everything — all displays, equipment, and software, etc. — is fully functional.
DGI’s RoomReadiness Audit examines:
This includes your cables, adaptors, controls and network hardware.
- Are end-user cables and adapters functioning properly?
- Are input connections at tables and workstations working correctly?
- Are racks clean and free of debris?
- Are cables neatly dressed and labeled?
- Conduct a thermal check
- Clean display and touch panel screens
- Inspect and test projection screens
This includes displays, touchscreens and projectors.
- Are all input sources communicating with displays?
- Confirm optimum brightness, contrast, color and aspect ratio
- Are all pixels lit? Is there any distortion; are there color issues?
- Are all cameras and projectors, including filters and lamps, properly aligned and working as intended?
This includes microphones, phones and conferencing hardware.
- Is your audio coverage sufficient for your spaces?
- Test all input sources and audio connection points
- Verify all microphones, wired and wireless
- Is your audio equipment free from distortion?
- Are all your microphones consistent?
- Check system tuning
This includes ensuring compatibility.
- Confirm device controls, and system power control and sequencing
- Check code, firmware, and wireless and networking
- Confirm networks and AV-LANs are intact
- Inventory and test software programs for connectivity
DGI’s RoomReadiness Audit isn’t just for workforces returning to full time work. Ensuring that your AV and communications systems are ready benefits your entire employee ecosystem. Remote or hybrid team members thrive when they are able to seamlessly collaborate and share information with everyone at the office.
Contact us today about your RoomReadiness Audit. We’re excited to help you tune up your gear for a positive, productive return to work.