The Accounts Payable Supervisor will oversee an accounts payable team, direct the processing of invoices and payments, and manage expense accounts and budget reports. This position will require the qualified candidate to come into the office, working remotely is not preferred.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal purchasing, warehouse, and project teams, as well as external vendors.
- Assist with preparation of monthly sales and use of tax filing.
- Oversees reports regarding cash flow; ensures correct payments are made in a timely manner.
- Vendor Management and compliance (e.g., COI, Lien releases and/or terms).
- Maintain Divvy Corporate Card budgets and employee compliance.
- Prepare utility reimbursement requests to landlord.
- Develops guidelines for proper handling and coding of invoices to maintain general ledger expense account and inventory records.
- Analyzes expense reports and other invoices for accuracy and eligibility for payment.
- Verifies payments before controller’s signature is added by reviewing checks and vouchers.
- Reconciles accounts payable total and general ledger with other applicable records (e.g., subsidiary vendors’ ledger).
- Facilitates correct and timely preparation of budget reports and purchase journals.
- Ensures proper recordkeeping of purchases for use in tax preparation and periodic audits.
- Ensures employer identification numbers or social security numbers have been collected from all vendors for the payables clerk to process and submit 1099s.
- Ensures proper maintenance, filing, and storage of records in case of audits.
- Trains and oversees employees involved in billing functions.
- Directs assigned tasks and aids as needed.
- Assists with performance evaluations.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in accounting software and Great Plains.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Thorough understanding of accounts payable functions.
- Excellent supervisory and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to motivate staff.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- 2 years of experience in an accounting office or three to four years of accounting experience with at least two years in a managerial or supervisory capacity.