When it comes to video conferencing products, your business has a lot of options. Choosing one from the vast array of choices can feel overwhelming, but without the right remote communication tools, your business is at a disadvantage. To streamline your decision-making process, we’ve created this overview of two major players in the video conferencing market: Zoom and join.me.
What is join.me?
join.me is built for streamlined, everyday video conferencing and online meetings. With only a few clicks, you can host or join a personalized, free-to-use meeting with join.me and be instantly connected to your colleagues and clients via engaging visual bubbles.
With android and iOS mobile apps and one-click scheduling, you’ll never miss or be late for a meeting. Set a custom meeting background, share your screen, turn the meeting over to a new presenter, use a whiteboard from desktop or mobile, the possibilities are endless — join.me’s platform is fun, flexible and easy to use.
join.me is scalable, with three paid tiers in addition to their free account level.
- join.me Lite: At $10 per month, per host, Lite supports up to 5 five participants per meeting with a personalized link and background. You can host an unlimited number of meetings with no time limits, as well as unlimited toll and international calls and conference lines. There are no webcam streams with Lite, but you can share screens and apps, as well as chat and send files.
- join.me Pro: For $20 per month, per host, Pro offers all the features of Lite with support for up to 50 participants. With Pro, webcam streams and toll-free numbers are enabled, along with recording and 5 GB of cloud storage.
- join.me Business: At $30 per month, per host, the enterprise level offers all the features of Pro with upgrades to 250 participants and 1 TB of cloud storage. Additional features include Salesforce integration and SSO for simplified sign-ins.
What is Zoom?
Zoom provides powerful, cloud-based video conferencing platform designed for easy-to-host (and join) webinars, online training, demonstrations and remote meetings. Dropbox, Match, and Ticketmaster all use Zoom because of its quality screen-sharing and video tools and affordable pricing.
Zoom offers a collection of features designed to streamline remote communications. With its well-organized visual interface, active-voice detection and simple mouse-over controls, Zoom makes online meetings and conferences efficient and smooth.
With a range of optional extras, including improved storage, toll-free dialing and webinars, integrations with numerous services and apps (including but not limited to Slack, HipChat, Salesforce, Blackboard, Google Chrome, Microsoft Outlook and Dropbox), Zoom is ready to work for your business.
Zoom offers four plans, as well as a la carte add-ons to customize your experience.
- Zoom Basic: This plan is free to use and can host a maximum of 100 participants. Basic offers unlimited one-on-one and group meetings for up to 40 minutes.
- Zoom Pro: At $14 per host, per month, Pro is ideal for smaller teams. Pro contains all the features of the basic plan, plus an admin control feature and custom personal meeting ID. Zoom Pro accommodates up to 100 participants with unlimited meeting durations and 1 GB of either MP4 or M4A cloud recording capacity. Pro boasts Skype for business interoperability, a user management system, REST API and an assigned scheduler.
- Zoom Business: Designed for small or medium businesses, this plan is $19.99 per month, per host. The plan supports a minimum of 10 hosts and comes with all the features of the Pro plan. Zoom Business comes with workplace-focused features such as phone support, optional vanity URL, single sign-on, custom emails and company branding. Other features of the Zoom Business plan include an admin dashboard, on-premise deployment option, managed domains and LTI integration.
- Zoom Enterprise: Also for $19.99 per month, per host, Enterprise is ideal for large companies and supports a minimum of 100 hosts. Enterprise includes all the same features in the Business plan and can accommodate up to 200 participants. Zoom Enterprise offers unlimited cloud storage and a devoted customer success manager, as well as executive business reviews and bundle discounts on additional features.
- Optional Add-ons: Zoom offers the following optional a la carte add-ons:
- Extra cloud recording storage for about $40 per month
- 323/SIP Room Connector starting at $49 per month
- Join by Zoom Rooms which starts at $49 per month
- Call Me which starts at $100 per month
- Add Video Webinars starting at $40 per month
Both join.me and Zoom have pros and cons depending on your business’ needs. DGI is ready to help your business find the video conferencing product that will give you the competitive edge you need. Contact us to get started.
You may also find the following articles helpful:
Zoom vs Skype
Zoom vs GoToMeeting
5 Skype Alternatives
Zoom vs. BlueJeans
Zoom vs. Microsoft Teams
The Top 5 Absolute Best GoToMeeting Alternatives
Best Video Conferencing Software
Cisco Webex Alternatives